Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Well, its been a while I know... but don't let this fool you.... my dedication remains... I am now approaching my curling on a two pronged attack. Firstly, one needs to be fit and strong to be an athlete.. Curling stones for example are heavy, and more than anything I don't want to drop one on my toe... especially if I have cool shoes to go with my cool pants, which pretty much seems a given to me. So I decided to do healthy things like go to the gym and take up kick boxing. Don't take up kick boxing, its just legal torture that people get suckered into because its administered by a fairly nice looking 20 sometime male instructor. Of course, while he starts the lessons reasonably good looking by the time I am a quarter way in, my arms on fire, dripping with sweat and still not able to master this 'push kick' that is apparently quite easy, I hate him a little. Sometimes a lot. By the famous two day later pain I hate him completely and wish that I possessed the upper body strength to cause pain when I punch him next time. This is why my sport of choice will now be curling... the only burn I intend it to cause me is the ice burn I'd get if my famous pants are too thin. Besides this and hoping for no curling stones dropped on my tootsies, it seems like a reasonably safe plan.

My other plan is I need to know everything about curling. And the obvious place to start is Google, and what do I usually do when I don't have any idea? I Google for dummies. Imagine my surprise when 'Curling for Dummies' shows up as a website and book. Who would have thunk it? Certainly not I.... but AWESOME... an obvious investment.... It was quite hard to get, apparently Australian stockists, even the ones who stock 'every single dummies book' didn't have it... Or are just trying to sabotage my dreams?!??!?!?! But this will not stop me... thank you Amazon.. its actually cheaper too... Thank you global financial crisis.... And now, I am the proud owner of Curling for Dummies. Now I just have to read it... which should be easy to do after my next kick boxing session because the only part of me I can't move without excruciating pain is a finger to flick the pages.... I think I'm well on my way to Sochi......

No comments:

Post a Comment